Saturday, February 21, 2009

Learning to trust

I have always been a person who has faith in God and trusts Him in all things....at least that is what I have told myself. In reality I have always taken care of everything myself until I run out of options and am at the end of my rope then I trust Him to fix my mess and take care of everything from there. Not quite the exact interpretation of Prov 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Lately, as we contemplate our life on the mission field we are learning to daily trust Him for our needs and direction and it is wonderful. I know that it sounds "super-spiritual" but really it's selfish and quite a relief.
Think back to when you were a child. Most of us never worried about how the power bill was going to get paid or whether or not you had enough groceries to last. How many of us as children worried about global warming, the policies of the president, or taxes? I had no worries because I believed that my parents had things under control and loved me enough to take good care of me. So why don't I trust my Heavenly Father who loves me even more? Why do I doubt His ability to take care of me and my worries when he created the universe? In a nutshell?..... I think that I have become comfortable with control. I have had a greater faith in myself than I have had in God. How messed up is that? So, we begin again, wipe the slate clean, taking baby steps toward recreating a child-like faith and learn to REALLY trust our Father to provide all of our needs according to His riches in glory......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home