Friday, September 12, 2008

Miracles

Through my life I have heard people raise the question of the authenticity of miracles. I will even admit that I have at times tried to rationalize my way out of believing in them as well. That is no longer the case! It has been several months since we began praying about moving to Kenya. Howie is (as all of you know) a very practical person and it didn't make sense to him for us to move to a third world country when our youngest daughter, Jade was struggling with a muscular disease. So he decided to follow in the footsteps of Gideon and put out a fleece (Judges 6:36-40). He asked God to heal Jade if He really wanted us to go. The whole story is a long one that maybe I will post one day, but suffice it to say that she is now off of all but one of her prescriptions. This is a miracle! No more weekly injections and emotional roller coasters. No more feeling like the "sick" kid who can't do anything. Our beautiful, tough as nails daughter now runs up and down the sidewalk over and over as she trains for the race that she will now be able to run. Thank you God!
As if one obvious healing miracle wasn't enough, God decided to catch us off guard with one that we didn't even ask for (what an awesome Father!). Joey went in two days ago for his yearly eye appointment. I was a little concerned because he hadn't been wearing his glasses like he was supposed to. He has been wearing glasses for a few years now and they were pretty thick too. We were going to ask if he could get contacts because he is becoming more conscientious about his appearance. I hesitated a bit though because I wasn't sure how accessible contacts would be in Africa. To our shock the optometrist told us that he no longer needs glasses. She was perplexed and said that it is very uncommon for the eyes to correct themselves. We were thrilled for him, but it took me a day or two to really soak up the true impact. This is just one less thing to hinder us on the mission field.
Our God is a loving, considerate God and there is nothing too big OR too small for His attention. I am so blessed that He looks after us so carefully...allowing the things that grow us and removing those things that are in our way. This has renewed my faith; not only in miracles and healing, but in the knowledge of His tender loving care for us.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 13, 2008 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Mary Hambleton said...

Off with you then --- it is as it should be – PERFECT. As we all wake up and realize that we are but sparks of God, fear, disease and doubt will have no place to hide from faith and love. I’m so thankful to have you all in my life. You have opened your arms and invited me into the family and touched my heart. Jade is such a special spirit – full of life and it’s a joy to watch her light begin to shine for all to see and for her to ignite the fires within her to achieve her dreams. You are such loving, vibrant family, I love being around you. I wish you a safe and wondrous journey -Mary

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home